NETTLETON was laid out in 1868 by
Hunt, Godfrey & Co., of Hannibal. Maj. Josiah Hunt and C.O. Godrey were well known railroad men and capitalists at the time.
The original name was Gomer, a Bible name. In 1870 the name was changed to
Nettleton in honor of George H. Nettleton, a former superintendent of the
Hannibal and St. Joseph and a well known railroad man. A railroad station was
built at Nettleton in 1870. The village had one store in 1870 and its population
in 1878 was about 50.
of Braymer | History of Breckenridge |
History of Cowgill |
History of Hamilton
of Kidder | History of Kingston
| History of Mirabile | History
of Nettleton | History of Polo